Sunday, January 20, 2013
Night Sky Posted at 9:17 AM 0 comments (+)

So over the weekend, I stared at my nails in disgust. Why? Because most of my galaxy nails got chipped during training. So since I had the spare time, I decided to do gradient nails. And because my nails were growing out and morphed, decided it was once again time to cut it. It's so short now, it makes my fingers look tubby. But whatever.

And here's how I did it:
(Pardon me for not wanting to post a picture of my clean unpainted nails. They were slightly stained with the previous colors. My pride wouldn't let me put it up.)

I used a total of 5 different polishes.
The 3 blues on the left didn't have names. But the lightest shade and the darkest shade of polish is from Konad. While the centre polish is some random cheap polish that I had bought donkey years ago.
The glitter polish on the far right is Techno by China Glaze. (My newest buy so far.) And the polish next to it is once again another unknown polish. It basically has tiny glitters in it.
So what I did first was I cut up a make up sponge into a shape that is not too big, but yet big enough to be able to cover my thumb. Do not use sponges that are too expensive, because the outcome of the nails is the same regardless.
So once I had the sponge, I painted a generous layer of 3 tones of nail polish on the sponge. (As shown in the picture). It is okay to mix 3 totally different colors together. You'll still get the gradient you desire.
Next, I just dabbed the sponge into my nail a few times to make sure the color really stuck to the nail.

Note: You may need to go over the same nail more than once to make sure that the there are no empty patches.

So what you get now is messy fingers with awesome 3-toned gradients.
No need to fret. Just pick up a Q-Tip and clean the sides.


So finally, to give that night sky effect, I layered both glitters onto my nails.


I'm sorry that the final picture is still a little messy on the sides. I usually just scrape off the excess polish on my skin using my nails when I take a shower. It is so easy to scrape off when it's wet.

So here's how I did it!
About
Kimberly Chen Kit Yee
Cheerleader
Talent
Princess

xoxo
Credits
Layout by mymostloved with script, background and image.